CURRENT BAY AREA SUPPORT GROUPS
STOP BINGEING, START LIVING RECOVERY PROCESS GROUP
Led by Sarah Calloway, LCSW, this group will focus on exploring how to end binge eating behaviors as well as develop new ways of coping and self-care. Peer support and mindfulness exercises will be used to foster recovery in a very encouraging and compassionate environment. Learning will continue outside of the meetings with recommended reading and journaling exercises.
- Time: Thursday evenings, 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm
- Location: Marina/Cow Hollow, San Francisco
- Fee: $640 for 8 sessions, statements provided for insurance upon request
- This is a closed group, max of 8 participants
WOMEN’S RECOVERY PROCESS GROUP
Through mindfulness exercises and group process, continue your recovery work among peers in a supportive and safe space.
- Time: Monday evenings, 7:00 pm- 8:15 pm
- Location: Marina/Cow Hollow in San Francisco
- Fee: $275 per month, statements provided for insurance upon request
- Closed ongoing group, members are asked to make a commitment of 4 weeks at a time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an intake by clicking here to learn more!
NOURISHING THE BODY & SOUL: AN EATING DISORDER RECOVERY GROUP
We will explore how to create a nurturing relationship with your body and connect to your intuition as a guide to food choices, decision making and freedom from food obsession. This group will utilize peer support and incorporate the expressive arts and mindfulness practices. Support will continue outside of the meetings with recommended reading and journaling exercises.
- Time: Wednesday evenings, 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm
- Location: Marina/Cow Hollow, San Francisco
- Fee: $75 per session, statements provided for insurance upon request
- This is a closed group, members are asked to make a commitment of 3 months.
FREE Recovery Support Group- Every Sunday from 1-2:30 PM at The Lotus Collaborative San Francisco
If you would like lunchtime meal support, please come at 12 Noon. While this is not a therapy group it is a supportive
environment in which to meet other people working towards recovery from their eating disorder, build relationships and practice recover skills. ** Please note that this group is open to the public and discussions may contain intense content not suitable for all audiences.
Lunch is supported by The Lotus Collaborative staff, and the support group is facilitated by a TLC therapist, RD or coach. Everyone working towards recovery is welcome, and we simply request an RSVP to 415-931-3731 or SundayRSVPsf@gmail.com so that we know you are coming!
Free Eating Disorder Support Group for Patients and Significant Others, every third Thursday of the month 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Herrick Campus, in Maffly Auditorium – Basement Level “A”, located at 2001 Dwight Way, in Berkeley, California, 94704. Due to the sensitive issues involved and the secrecy that often surrounds anorexia and bulimia, this meeting is restricted to patients, parents and significant others who will be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality. www.altabatessummit.org/eatingdisorders/resources/schedule.html
Corte Madera, CA
12 Step Overeater Anonymous Groups and Eating Disorders Anonymous Group
Mondays 12:15-1:15 pm
Body Image/ Writing meeting
1275 Harrison at Ninth Ask at reception, ask for the Fireside Room Meeting
Contact: Maria (415) 571-5435
(updated 4/7/2015 by AG)
Tuesday evenings, 7:15-8:15
Anorexic/ Bulimic/ Compulsive over-exerciser Step Study and Speaker meeting
San Francisco; Castro Country Club – 4058 18th Street @ Hartford Street, San Francisco, 94114; Meeting
Contact: Cecilia (347) 439-1597
(updated 4/7/2015 by AG)
Tuesday evenings 7:00-8:00
Eating Disorders Anonymous Group Meeting
@ APTED (Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders) 3195 California St. #E /cross street Presidio / Anorexics, Bulimics, Overeaters (call to get door code) Contact: Deborah (415-608-6307)
Wednesday afternoons, noon-1:00 pm
San Francisco @ APTED (Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders) 3195 California St. #E / cross street Presidio
Anorexics, Bulimics (call to get door code)
Contact: Pamela 415-350-4240
Wednesday evenings 5:50-6:50 pm, Women’s Sexuality & Body Image
Marina Dock, San Francisco
2118 Greenwich St @ Fillmore St Anorexics / Bulimics Meeting
Contact: Millie (248)-345-5724
(updated 4/7/2015 by AG)
APTED (Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders) now has two EDA meetings: Tuesday evenings 7-8:00 pm, topic/discussion, and Friday 5:30-6:30 pm Step Study; we also have a Saturday community group meeting 10-11:45, and a Wednesday OA meting 12-1:00 pm. Call for more information, 415-931-6090.
* Mondays 5:30-7:00, Art Therapy, led by Kara Vesely, MFTi; call Kara to get on waiting list, 510-326-4492
* Tuesday afternoons (2:30-3:30pm) a nutrition group, led by Teresa Brown, call Teresa to let her know you are coming: 415-533-1124
* Tuesdays 7-8:00, an Eating Disorders Anonymous group, led by Deborah and Brittany, call to let us know you are coming, 415-608-6307
* Wednesdays, 2-3:00 an OA group, led by Pamela, call for more information, 415-350-4240
For more information about APTED groups, or to schedule an intake, call 415-931-6090
Location of Clinic: 3195 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
Integral Eating and Dine Around Social Groups, The Compassionate Body Center
Free support group meetings, anorexics, bulimics, and compulsive over-exercisers
Mondays 12:15-1:15 pm, Body Image/ Writing meeting, 1275 Harrison at Ninth Ask at reception, ask for the Fireside Room Meeting; Contact: Maria (415) 571-5435
Tuesday evenings, 7:15-8:15, Anorexic/ Bulimic/ Compulsive over-exerciser Step Study and Speaker meeting, San Francisco; Castro Country Club – 4058 18th Street @ Hartford Street, San Francisco, 94114; Meeting Contact: Cecilia (347) 439-1597
Tuesday evenings 7:00-8:00, Eating Disorders Anonymous Group Meeting @ APTED (Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders) 3195 California St. #E /cross street Presidio / Anorexics, Bulimics, Overeaters (call to get door code) contact: Deborah (415-608-6307)
Wednesday afternoons, noon-1:00 pm, San Francisco @ APTED (Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders) 3195 California St. #E /cross street Presidio / Anorexics, Bulimics (call to get door code) contact Pamela 415-350-4240
Wednesday evenings 5:50-6:50 pm, Women’s Sexuality & Body Image at Marina Dock, San Francisco, 2118 Greenwich St @ Fillmore St Anorexics / Bulimics Meeting Contact: Millie (248)-345-5724
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
When: Every Monday evening from 6:15-7:30pm
Where: Cielo House Eating Disorder Treatment Program, 1200 6th Avenue, Belmont, CA 2nd Floor- Cielo House Group Room
Please contact Kaitlin for more information at email@example.com or (415) 364-8231. Thanks!
BERKELEY, CA, Free ANAD Support Group
Leslie Bandle, Phone: (408) 757-6431. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Meeting time: Tuesdays from 7:30pm-8:30pm
• Meeting location: Blue Oak Therapy, 3101 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley, CA (use side entrance)
• Please call before first attendance so leader can give you the code number to enter building. All are welcome.
DANVILLE, CA, Eating Disorder Support Group for Family and Friends
Nancy Clarkson, Phone: (925) 829-5554, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.getwelltogether.com
• Meeting time: 4th Monday of each month from 7-9 pm
• Meeting location: 115A Town and Country Drive, Danville, CA 94526
• Group is for friends and family
• See website for more information on scheduling and meeting changes
LOS GATOS, CA, Eating Disorder Resource Center, Eating Disorder & Body Image Support Groups for Sufferers, Family, & Friends
Janice Bremis, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (408) 356-1212
• Meeting time: 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month, 7-8:30 p.m.
• Meeting location: EDRC Office, Mission Oaks Campus, Good Samaritan Hospital, 15891 Los
Gatos Almaden Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA: Eating Disorder & Body Image Support Groups for Sufferers group: 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 9:30am-11:00am; Family and Friend group: 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month from 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Debra Schlesinger – For Parents & Loved Ones Group Leader
Elizabeth Basile – For Sufferers Group Leader
Phone: (408) 356-1212
Meeting location: El Camino Hospital, 2500 Grant Road, Conference Room A, Mountain View, CA 94040 (For Family & Friends) El Camino Hospital, 2500 Grant Road, Conference Room A or
Room B, Mountain View, CA 94040 (For Sufferers)
PALO ALTO, CA: Mid Peninsula Eating Disorder Clinic, Multiple group offerings including Women in Recovery, Athletes in Recovery and Binge Eating Support Group
Emily Caruthers, MFT, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.emilycaruthers.com
• Meeting time: Thursdays from 6:30pm-8:00pm
• Meeting location: N. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306 (specific directions can be sent in response to RSVP)
• Please RSVP through email before attending
SAN FRANCISCO, CA: Free ANAD Support Group
Chiara Manodori, LCSW, Phone: (415) 640-9862, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Meeting time: 2nd and 4th Saturday of month, 10:00am
• Meeting location: Valencia Street, San Francisco
• Please call or email for more meeting information
• This free ongoing support group is open to all ages and genders. We provide a positive, welcoming, and supportive environment for people with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder,
compulsive overeating, eating disorder NOS, and other eating and body image problems. We also provide information and referrals to aid recovery.
The Lotus Collaborative, Phone: (831) 600-7103, Email: email@example.com
• Meeting time: Every Sunday, 1-2:30pm (Bring a lunch 12-1pm for mealtime support)
• Meeting location: The Lotus Collaborative, 701 Mission St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060
• Please call or email to RSVP before attending
SANTA ROSA, CA: Full Heart offers a free community group from 6:30 to 7:30 pm on Wednesdays, drop-ins welcome.
FULL HEART TREATMENT CENTER, 606 Beaver Street Santa Rosa, CA 95404, Phone: (707) 544-5717